Pagid PBR vs. MetalMasters - opinions please?

Hi everyone,

I'm working on getting a great brake pad for the E32 brakes on my E28. Can
you say "Rob Levinson Big Brakes... URAH!" ?

I have OE Jurids on there now - ok, but dusty and also not the world's
grippiest pads by a long shot.

I plan to change them up to better pads. I went down to the local places in
town and I can get regular Pagids, more Jurids (why bother?), any number of
cheesy Wagner, Raybestos, etc. junk as well as the MetalMasters and the
Deluxes formerly sold under the Repco brand name.

The local Lordco auto parts guys say that the company that actually makes
the MetalMaster and Deluxe pads is not Repco or Axxis - that these are only
the distributors. He claims that the manufacturer is a company called PBR.

So I wonder, does this mean there is some connection between the supposedly
very good Pagid "PBR" series pads and the PBR company that makes
MetalMasters?

Or is all of this horse-hooey?

And while we're on the topic - does anyone have any personal experience
they'd like to share with the Pagid "PBR" series pads?

My neighbour (a lowered full-size pickup guy) swears by his carbon fibre
brake pads. Any of these worth considering?

Many thanks,

Aaron

p.s. - (and this was the topic of another post) - does anyone know of any
good mail order parts places in Canada? $CDN stinks right now... :<
Aaron Bohnen                     email: bohnen@domain.elided
- -Ph.D. Candidate, Civil Engineering Department, U.B.C.
- -Technicraft Engineering Services