Re: Microfiche BA

>I complained to the dealer about this lack of infomation relationship and
>they claimed that what I said was untrue and that all infomation about
>repair is readily accessable.  I was told that even I could buy the
>microfiche from BMW which is exactly the same thing that the mechanics
>there use.
>
>Am I being lied to?  Is it true that I can buy microfiche with detailed
>repair data?

You are not entirely being lied too. There are some microfiche still
available. Most, if not all, have been out of print since 1996, but
obviously there will be odd sets around here and there.
Last time I ran a check through  BMW, about 15 percent of the once available
manuals were still in stock in one of the five US parts distribution
centres. That was about a year ago.

>TIA for your help and I am still trying to find out how to R/R the E36 M3
>intake manifold!

Might I suggest looking at it ? :-)
This intake is quite simple to remove, no more than 12 bolts and a couple of
hoses, few wiring connectors and its off.  Should take about 30 minutes
first time round.

Brett Anderson
BMW and ASE master technician
http://frontpage.bestweb.net/~bretta

Please include all correspondence when replying
to avoid confusion - Thank you