Re: UUC help---VA inspection

Regarding the infamous VA inspection...IF you happen to have a Bimmer
that's between 20-25 years old(and is no longer produced), or if your
Bimmer is over 25 years old, then find a friend in Maryland to lend you
their address, and you can historic tag your car for 2 years with NO
inspections whatsoever. I realize this won't help you unless you own an
'02...but it works for me. Virginia now requires emmissions testing for
all vehicles from 1968 on. And most of these knuckleheads don't know
what they are doing. My '02 has the air pump still attached, but
non-functional, and would not pass unless connected and working(even
though my emissions were way low).

As for having a second car...rent a storage space at Public Storage,
Shurgard, etc. I got one for my '02 parts car...works great. You can
keep a car in there with no hassles(even a dismantled one).

Jerry Roberson
BMW CCA 157891
NCC/UUC
1975 '02 111K and counting...new sheet metal being applied