<E30> power lock/central lock

Hi all,

since i've bought this car, central locking is not working.  mine is an
8/84 production of 325e and i believe it doesn't have a double lock
feature (correct me if i'm wrong).

the previous owner said the passenger side's lock refused to function and
the mechanic who worked on it removed what seems to be a microswitch from
the lock cylinder and the rod connecting to the lock servo.  now the car
can be locked/unlocked mechanically, inside and out.

can someone guide me to proper direction on how to go about it?  thinking
the lock servo is the culprit, i bought a used one but i couldn't figure
out how to diagnose the locking design.  any help or pointers will be
greatly appreciated.

also,  i wish to get wider tires for my wheels which are stock -14".
according to the owner's manual and the sticker on the door, the
recommended size is only 195/60.  please give some advice.

TIA

Jay G.
New Jersey Chapter
'84 325e

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]