Appology <wob>

Julian (and others who have had or may have this occur when they try to
contact me at my work e-mail address, not that anyone really wants to
communicate with me that bad), I did receive your message at my work
e-mail address and I replied.  Let me know if you didn't get the reply.

My employer, who in the early '70's was on the "cutting edge" of high
speed transit technology, is currently wallowing around in the dreggs of
'70's internet e-mail technology.  Our system crashes frequently, can't
receive attachments without translating them into useless garbage, and
is confusing.  As a result, when you send messages there
(smiller@domain.elided) you frequently get a message that looks like a
bounce, but actually says "delivery deferred".  The message eventually
gets through, usually.  Most people don't bother to read down to that
part, since a bounce is a bounce, right?

So I'm sorry for any confusion and extra posts to the Digest that
probably don't need to be here, and my employer's techies say they'll
have a new system installed by the end of the year.

>Date: Mon, 24 Aug 1998 12:00:36 EDT
>From: OSBMW@domain.elided
>Subject: Differential question/Scott Miller
>
>Mr.: Miller:
>
>I e-mailed you directly but it bounced back, so I'm posting the >question here...
>
>Julian Osante

End of bmw-digest V9 #103