BIG Sways Bars

>Who makes the stiffest SWAY BARS out there?  Korman(Front 29mm, Rear 26mm)?
>Anyone has a larger rear.  I need more oversteering at AutoX's.
>
>Ben
>98 M3/4

Rut-Roh. !!!!DANGER!!!!DANGER !!!! Newbie M3 Upgrader on the loose!!!

Ben - whatcha need is a LITTLE bit more oversteer and a whole lotta
negative camber.
E36 M3's CRAVE negative camber like nobody's bidness.

When you set your car up for massive oversteer all you will wind up doing
is groundlooping it all the time.  Oversteer is a nasty little bitch.
Everyone THINKS they want it, but then they are boinking out to the curbs
when they get it in high doses.

Let's set up your M3 on the cheap for auto-x.  First off, letme tell you
that Mark Sipe, Bob Tunnell, David Lasalle, etc. will DESTROY your modified
M3 with theirs set up as stock. Driver ability makes that much difference.
Secondly, lets toss out the exotic upgrades like custom built Konis and
Tublular Swaybars to keep the cost down somewhat.

O.K. onto the mods:

(1) Bilstein Sports - keeps the nose dive down. Wonderful shock for the
bucks. $ 500
(2) H&R 29910 Springs - lowers the car and makes it stiffer. Not too
radical. $ 300
(3) Swap your bearing strut mounts on the front, Left to Right for more
Neg. Camber
(4) R-D Sport Sway Bars (adj). Set these up soft for starters.  $ 300
(5) Adjust camber in rear to -1.8
(6) Adjust toe-IN on rear to 1/8 degrees total.
(7) Adjust toe on front to ZERO or 1/8 degees total IN on front, your choice.
(8) Get a set of "R" Compound tires (Hoosier, BFG, Kuhmo, Toyos) $ 800 +
wheels

For $ 1,200 (without R tires) you'll have a VERY hot auto-x car that will
cut 2 to 3 seconds off your times and be lots more fun to drive....except
on a lousy road when trying to impress a date in which case she will be
MOST unhappy with the ride.

Oh yeah...don't forget at least a Schroth Ralleye 4 harness.  A harness
cinched up tight is good for a second on the course.

Duane Collie
RM3DR1/UUC/SVR
National Capital Chapter