M coupe = total BMW marketing clusterfu__

In all my life I have never seen as bad of a marketing job for a new sports
model as the one done by BMW for the M coupe.  My local dealer hasn't been
able to obtain  any info on this model.  Out of the blue BMW announces to them
that their first M coupe will be arriving this week, the day after it was
built!  The dealer got no say in how the car is outfitted with regard to
colors/option.  In fact, the dealer still doesn't even have the official order
placement codes!

Their first M coupe will be Estoril blue exterior with...gasp...BEIGE...
interior and that cheap piece of crap moonroof option.  I've already made it
clear to them that I do not want the ripoff moonroof option, let alone
blue/beige colors.  Plus, they refuse to drop below list price.  So if anyone
else is interested call Brewbaker BMW in Montgomery, AL.  DO NOT write back to
me, it's between you and them.

I certainly hope BMW does a better job with the M5 and the supercar.  I can't
imagine them doing it any worse.

Mark Sipe