<E28> A/C problem--I fixed it!

I've had problems with the A/C on my 85' 535i for four months now.   I
fixed it today!  Yea!
My diagnoses goes like this:

1. checked freon levels/pressures/pressure switch....OK
2. replaced the snowflake AC switch [shakey]
3. checked control voltages...Bad
4. checked the de-icing sensor in the evaporator [pain in the ass]..OK
5. noticed the electric fan didn't come on when activating A/C

6. checked the voltages that feed the "evaporator temperature control"
module  ($58)
    Voltages in are ok but the output that feeds the compressor & fan
were bad.
    Pulled the evap temp control module [above the gas pedal].  FINALLY
found a bad
    solder joint that feeds the relay.  The relay semi-worked but it
didn't pass the 12vdc
    thru to the contact that feeds the compressor!  Fixed the solder
joint and BINGO!

Money spent.....$22 for the snowflake switch.

I learned EVERY part of the E28 A/C system in this effort.  Not bragging,
it just took
evaluating all parts of the system.  It's complex and fussy for sure.

Oh, my Bentley didn't have anything on the wiring diagram for the A/C
system.  I found the information in a......Haynes manual!   Who would
have thought.

Curt Kiser
SVR - E28 division of ///Team Bubba Racing
BMW CCA #118507 Tidewater Virginia Chapter
85' 535i  with WORKING AIR CONDITIONING
86' 325