<E36 M3> I need a better steering wheel...

I have been driving my 98 M3 for a while now and there are two things that drive me
nuts.  One of those is the steering wheel.  In a car that prides itself on handling,
you'd think they'd put a good steering wheel in it.  I want my hands in the range
from 10-2 to 9-3.  My choices are 8-4 (no way!) or closer to 11-1 (10:30-1:30).
Worse, those outdents in the wheel are too close to the spokes -- they get in the
way rather than help.

My questions:

Is it possible to remount the stock steering wheel upside down?
Is there a good aftermarket airbag steering wheel for the E36?

Mounting the wheel upside down would allow me to grab the wheel between the spokes
at 10-2.  And the outdents would be largely out of the picture.  Aesthetically, it
would put the leather seam at the top of the wheel and the "BMW" letters embossed on
the roundell would be upside down -- but that's not too noticable.

Suggestions?

Brian