RE: <E36 M3> Front license plate

>  I need to mount a license plate to the front of a '95 M3, but there's not
>  a place for it.  The dealer says to drill holes, which bothers me.  For
>  all those M3 owners that have a front plate: Is this a dealer part?  I
>  don't need a number, just the fact that it exists would be sufficient.
>
>  Thanks,
>  Chris

You need the following things:  The metal frame for the license plate, a
paper template to know where to drill the holes, and four screws to hold
the license plate to the frame.  They are all BMW factory parts.  Pull out
the center molding on the front bumper and you'll find two threaded holes
for the bolts that hold the license plate frame to the bumper.  Use the
template to drill two holes in the molding piece.  Replace the molding
piece and then bolt the frame to the bumper.  Attach the license plate to
the frame with the four screws.

Bob Stommel