Re: < E36 M3> camber tweaking with shims

>Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 01:04:40 -0400
>From: "KOLLAR, ROBERT" <ROBERT.KOLLAR@domain.elided>
>Subject: E36 M3 camber tweaking with shims
>
>could someone give me the procedure and any insights on making front
>camber adjustments utilizing shims/washers etc.  I have heard of people
>obtaining exact washer thicknesses to match specific degrees of camber.
>love to hear  and how I can do the same as well as where I can round up
>the necesary hardware.(Home Depot?)-  thanks for the help and
>direction.-
>
>Robbie Kollar
>95 M3

The shims should be hardened steel, and you'll also need grade 10.9 bolts
of slightly greater length than stock. So these aren't going to be found
at Home Depot.

The easiest approach is to buy Korman's <www.kormanfastbmw.com> camber
kit for $20, which includes those items. You'll end up with something
over 2 degrees of negative camber.

Neil
96 M3, camber shims