re: m-coupe

> Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 16:57:32 -0500
> From: "Andrew D.Mendez" <AMENDEZ@domain.elided>
> Subject: M coupe is butt-ugly
>
> Just saw an M coupe in person for the first time
> at local dealer. Does anyone agree with me that
> the this thing is butt-ugly? It looks like a Z3
> front with a CRX rear. Why would anyone buy one of
> these monstrosities instead of the M Roadster
> (which rocks)? (I assume a hardtop is available
> for the roadster???).
>
> Andy '95 M3

did you actually drive the coupe vs the roadster?? I drove them both at
o-fest and felt that the coupe walked all over the roadster in the
performance aspect. It has greater stability, better road manners when
being pushed and better braking to boot. The real question between the two
should be if you like to go slower and have the wind in your hair or do you
prefer to have a car that can go to the track and come home with a trophy
in your hand. Maybe I could go with the convertible later in life but right
now i prefer the performance  more to looks. And believe me you will
probably see a few teams running these in the near future.

Patrick Spikes
95 Club Sport, red, red/black millpoint, landsharked, K&N cone,
B&B Triflo, vented and crossdrilled rotors, Metal Masters,
stainless steel brake lines, camber plates, BL/SS, x-brace,
mesh grille, lip spoiler, NEXUS tires, alarm, Redline fluids,
double brake lights