BBS RC Rims

>Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 21:01:31 -0400
>From: "Anthony Dusovic" <ad-@domain.elided>
>
>Does Any body know what the BBS RC's in 17 x 8 weigh??
>Any one have opinions on rims as far as price vs. weight vs. quality??

Anthony,

I have a set of BBS RC in that size that I use as track wheels.

PROS: Very light, lighter than my Fikses. I'd guess they come in at 17 lb.
+/- a few ounces. Stong - Unique one piece forging. Easy to clean the track
goo off.  Top quality, good runout.

CONS: Expensive, $ 525 each last time I checked. silly center cap is a PITA
to deal with and you need to leave it off at the track to check your lugs.
Look cheap next to a Fiske FM10. No replaceable outer rim halves if you
prang 'em.

Conculsion:  A great track wheel. Has everything you want.  For street,
your better deal is the 3 pc. forged Fikse which is less expensive (while
still on the special for E36's in 17" sizes only), easier to repair and the
*WOW* factor is much higher.

Skip ALL cast wheels - they're junk when compared to a forged wheel (not
that I'm opinionated or anything).

Call Will Turner @ Turner Motorsports for either brand.  If Will can get a
deal on these he'll pass the savings along to you.

Duane Collie
SVR/UUC/RM3DR1
National Capital Chapter