'97 M3 tires

It's almost time for that costly tire replacement.  Anyhow, I remember
reading a while back about using Firestone SZ50's instead of Bridgestone
S-02's, and was wondering what people thought about this.  The Firestones
are much cheaper, and supposedly are similar to the S-02's.  Secondly,
since they only make the Firestones in 235/45-17 and 255/40/17, for front
and rear, respectively, will these "fit" on my rims?  I have the forged
alloy 5 spoke rims.  Thanks in advance!

Edward Chan
ehchan@domain.elided
'97 M3