Re:O'Fest update

Peter Stuhr wrote:

:Subject: How 'bout an O'Fest Update?
:
:Any updates or reviews of O'Fest down in Orlando for us sorry saps who
:weren't able to make it? How was the Club Race? Did anyone stand out in
:the Driving Schools? Did Sebring finish their track upgrades in time for
:the event?
:
:Inquiring minds want to know.
:
:Peter Stuhr
:'95 M3

Well I can tell you a little bit about Sebring, never made it to Orlando.
Who was there?  We know about J.C., also sighted was Andy Pilgrim (watch
speedvision for Andy hotlapping the track in a Massari-Mueller M3.), T.C.
Kline, Randy Pobst, and the new Motorsports guy that replaced Erik.

They could only run a little over half of the Club race, because someone
stuffed one of T. C.'s rental Z3's into the tires at turn three.  There was
a huge field of entrants, and Charlie Kolb was fastest.

They could not use the full  course, because they were moving the hairpin.
We used the two straights, and turned right just before the carousel (turn
3), turned right again which put you on the back kinked straight (Bishops
Bend).  They also put a chicane on the Ulmann Straight that was a blast.  I
loved the course and I think everyone who drove it did also.  There were a
ton of M3's in attendance, both E36 and E30.

Did anyone stand out at the Drivers School?  I did, of course.

Oh yeah, it was hot.

Tom Maus
89///M3