Lithium or nickel hydride replacements in SI board...

Hi Bob,

I am interested in your quest for a better solution to the SI problem. I
think that your safest bet for the stock location is likely Ni-mHd
batteries in there if you can get them in the correct size.

Since the SI board is built to charge the Ni-Cd batteries there may be an
issue for any Lithium cell you put in there - I don't think they like
reverse voltage. I'm not sure about that - more on this later after I check
it out some...

My intended solution is to put the very best Varta, Saft or other european
rechargeable cells I can get into a holder (2 x AA, 2 x C or whatever),
connect it via long leads to the stock SI board battery connections then
velcro the batteries and holder just behind the lip of a convenient fascia
panel - perhaps the one by the driver's feet.

This will allow the SI batteries to be much more easily changed,
maintained, etc.

Aaron
Aaron Bohnen                     email: bohnen@domain.elided
- -Ph.D. Candidate, Civil Engineering Department, U.B.C.
- -Technicraft Engineering Services