More Spares

>From: Michael Fennell <mfennell@domain.elided>
>Subject: Reminder: Must-Have spare
>
>Just ordered a spare Guiding Bolt for my brake calipers.  This is the pin
>that your brake calipers float on and you remove for pad changes.  If
>you're swapping pads regularly for track events, GET A SPARE!
>Part No: 34 11 1 157 041  for my '95 E36 M3.
>Cost: $17.50 at my local dealer (Circle BMW).

Mike,

It's a SCREW dammit (or a pin) not a bolt! <g>.  Hey...Steve D'G has 'em
for like $ 12 or $ 12.50 or sumpin'.  I always keep a pair in the toolbox
along with retaining spring clips, and rotor screws (I'm getting as bad as
Bob Stommel now).

You are right - you are SOL if you boogey one of these up....hardly a
generic part.

Duane C.