RE: 1991 525i - Headlights go out randomly

This is a typical symptom of bad solderings at the light control module relays.

The light control module sits under a black plastic lid on the driver side in the
rear of the engine compartment. It is a black rectangular box with a connector at
the bottom. Open the box and find four relays at the circuit board, re-solder all
legs at all four relays and put it back. Now everything should be fine. Good luck.

Rune.Strommen@domain.elided