Re: Sac Valley Chapter

Dennis,

As a Sacramento Valley Chapter member, I volunteered to do the
Newsletter, and in fact did do one issue (April 1997). However, no
information was given to me for any following issues, and I didn't
figure out I had been dropped like a hot potato until I received the
photocopied "newsletter" in the mail. My point is, there are volunteers,
just not much support for them. However, if the information can be
gathered, I would be more than happy to design the next issue.

Regards, Joel

> Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 16:36:18 -0700
> From: "Dennis & Rosemary Frieborn"
> Subject: Sac Valley Chapter
>
> Yes it is true the Pat DeWitt as resigned a our chapter President. This was
> some untrue things.
> The chapter DOES hold monthly meetings and they are posted in the local
> newspaper as are other activities of the chapter. Generally meetings are
> held at a sizzler but sometimes at on of the 2 local dealers. And sometimes
> there are guest speakers, such a  dent wizard or 3M. And yes only 20 to 30
> members generally show up, mostly the same people. I attend about have of
> these. A lot of  the other activities are nontechnical, i.e. wine tours or
> museum tours. But we to join in the Dinan Tech Sessions, join the Golden
> Gate Chapter at some of their events at Laguna Seca and such. We don't put
> on drivers school, but the local track has school days which we could attend
> (Something lake FATT days at summit?), and there one or two member who are
> instructors at these. We are generally reminded when one of the other
> chapters is have a school anywhere in the state.
>
> So our big goof really seems that we haven't published a newsletter for a
> while. Presently our (ex)president was also doing this but got to busy when
> her real life. No other volunteers. Yes, I was asked to do it but not the
> type of job I'd be good at. I did asked about doing a drivers school, but
> since the local track has some, it wasn't deem needed. Also not many of the
> members who attend the meetings seem that interested in doing drivers school
> much less putting one on. Doesn't seem many interested in autocrosses
> either. I don't know about that silent majority.
>

> So for those of you that have gotten the impression that the Sacramento is
> totally lame of something, your wrong.
>
> Dennis
> Sacramento Valley Chapter
> Los Angles Chapter