E30 Wiring Protection

From: Grant M. Wells@ECCI on 08/19/98 11:09 AM

Well, after last weekends downpour during the Solo1 @Road Atlanta,
I ended up with more than a little moisture making it into the interior
of my car.  After many attempts at drying the carpet, I resigned myself
that
the damage was irrepairable.  So I tore 90% of the carpet & padding
out of the car.  Most of the water is gone now, but I'm left with
some exposed wiring that I feel needs to be better protected.

The car is a 90% track car so loosing the carpet is not a big deal and
saves
weight.  I just wonder how to best protect the wiring that is exposed.

Any of you do something special to protect those tender
little wires?

BTW, I have since sealed the offending gaps/holes that let in some of the
water,
but as you know windows must remain down during track sessions
so thats where most of the water came from.

TIA

Grant
gwells@domain.elided
'87 325is w/2.9l M50 & '88 M3 underpinnings