Pay fer your paint job

>Duane, I'd like to know what insurance company you have that will go to the
>lengths you suggest on the paint job.  I'm with Nationwide, and getting a
>"top quality" paint job from them is worse than pulling teeth, with no
>anesthetic.
>Mark Selleck

Mark,

You need to re-read my post!  I said for an ADDITIONAL $ 400.00 to $
1,000.00 you can have  the whole car painted and 600 grit sanded. The
insurance company is only paying for return to 'as new' factory status -
there was no scam on the insurance company into paying for the extras, I
simply paid out-of-pocket for that over and beyond the standard repair.

My car had every panel damaged EXCEPT the trunk lid, both rear quarters and
the passenger door from the deer strike.  Since we were painting 2/3's the
car I figured why not do the whole thing and get a uniform paint job (extra
$ 400.00).  Then, I asked my body shop man to wet sand the whole thing to
600 grit (sanding to 1200 grit is typically World Of Wheels show quality),
for a custom look.  That was an xtra $ 600.00.  AND WORTH IT!

My Avus Blus is far, far richer and deeper looking than a factory paint
job.  When I pull into a BMW dealer they flip.  Can't believe the way the
paint shines and the color looks wet.  In fact, last time I was there a
customer shopping for a new M3 came over to my car with the saleman and
said "That's the paint job I want". I laughed and told him he wouldn't get
it there.

The real trick is to find the right body shop. Joe Average the Painter
can't do this, its a specialized art.  Having a good paint and body man is
like having a good broker.  Find the right one and hang onto him.

Duane C.