M Roadster Vs Boxter

OK, I confess.  I have a friend who owns and autox's his Porsche.  There is
an opinion distributed in the local Porsche club that claims that the
Boxster kicks M Roadster butt.  Seems one of their drivers also runs at the
24 of Daytona and has tried both vehicles...

What proofs do we have that I can throw back at them?  Or do we bow
reverently?

Jan, you have obviously been sucked in by the owner of one of those cute
little Porsche yuppie mobiles.

Granted that it is kinda good looking and warrants another look while in
traffic but the figures speak for themselves.  Here's my take on that battle

M Roadster                                    Boxster
235 Kw                                           150 Kw
14.21 1/4 Mile                                15.07 1/4 Mile
350 Nm Torque                              245 Nm Torque
73.7 Kw per litre                             60.5 Kw per litre

These figures are kinda meaningless to most people but if you want some real
ammunition to throw at your mates the check out this.  In Australia where i
live and yes we pay so much more for our cars here than you do, but we get
the euro spec version the boxster costs $109,900 on the road, the test car
where i got the above stats from has the following options, with price in
brackets.

Special Leather Interior ($8590)
Tech Sports Package ($5990)
    - Active Brake diff
    - Traction control
    - lowered ride height
    - 17 inch wheels
    - sports suspension
Metallic Paint ($2590)
Wheel Hub Covers ($490)
Wind Deflector ($990)
Cruise control ($1490)
Alarm ($1690)
On Board Computer ($990)
Sound Package ($1390)
Hardtop ($6990)

That takes the test car to $138,510 which is more that the M roadster's
$135,400 and you had to add all the shit that makes it worth driving to the
Porsche which you get already in the M Roadster.

Yes it comes down to what you prefer but last time i checked this isn't the
Porsche digest.

///M Forever

Cheers

Andy