Mobil 1

Since you all have been good to me in giving advice on a BMW purchase, I
feel the least I can do is try to put you onto correct information about
Mobil 1.  I have been holding back but I have seen a lot of questions on
Mobil 1 versus Redline versus Amsoil etc. Since I work for Mobil I am
feeling obligated to try to give you objective information...(my job is
not directly dependent on Mobil 1 sales)
Bottom line - a synthetic lubricant from anybody will be better than
your conventional motor oil.  I am sure you all know that.  You will
find the competitors unwilling to point up much differences between each
other due to the heavy legal implications.
I would be curious to see what Amsoil felt free to document. Whether
Amsoil
was first or not, there is a reason
BMW,Corvette, Mercedes, Porsche and Penske initial fill and recommend
Mobil
1.	If you are racing, there really is no other
choice for protection in temperature extremes. See the link below for
the BMW million mile test.
http://www.mobil1.com/oneracing/about/products/engineoil/oiltest/index.h
tml
<http://www.mobil1.com/oneracing/about/products/engineoil/oiltest/index.
html>
This other link will give you our Product Data Sheet with specs you can
use to compare.
http://www.mobil.com/business/datasheets/pds/index.html
<http://www.mobil.com/business/datasheets/pds/index.html>
Things you may not think about with Mobil versus Redline or Amsoil is
the innovation and consistency. Mobil's ability to innovate will give
you the latest and greatest, longest life, best wear protection, widest
temperature extremes as it becomes available.  Consistency will ensure
you get those benefits every time.  Enough said, if anybody has specific
questions I will try to answer.
Rebecca