Re: <E36> shock tower brace

Others wrote:
>From: "Riggin, William" <Riggin@domain.elided>
>
>Many of the catalog listings for the E36 shock tower braces state that they
>are not for use with cars equipped with automatic traction control.
>
>Bill Riggin
>
>Bill,
>Yep, there is. Cars with ASC+T have a little gizmo (secondary throttle
>actuator) that sticks up right where the tranverse bar of most strut
>braces wants to be.
>Note that most strut braces, including the Dinan model that I have, are
>hinged at both ends. For this reason their effectiveness is severely
>compromised.
>If you haven't already done it, the lower X-Brace is both cheaper and
>more effective than any available strut brace.<<

BMP's Billett Aluminum Strut Tower Brace clears the ASC+T black box
without using hinges (it has tight-fitting joints instead) for 2/3 the
price of the Dinan unit.  Works quite nicely in conjunction with the
venerable X-brace.

It's also nice and shiny and they give you a cool BMP Racing decal ...
but I don't think that aspect improves handling much ...

Dave Hogg
NCC