Short shift mod tip A: Lets pick a substitute for the M3/328 shift lever

   None of the following applies if you are installing a M-Z3 shift lever in
your car (other then the graphics).  I chose to install the M3/328 lever from
my '96 328 in my '97 ti.  I have been unable to come up with a part # for the
M3/328 shift lever.  If anyone solves this riddle, I would be interested in
the answer.  If you are unable to purchase a used M3/328 lever and the riddle
remains unsolved you may want to consider one of the following levers, 25 11 2
228 069 or 25 11 1 434 148 in its place.  Robert Szypicyn from the ti list put
me on to the 148 one.  If I didn't happen to have the one from my 328 to go in
my ti, I would go with the 148 one.  For a look see of the three levers side
by side connect to Dale's image page: http://www.eskimo.com/~dalus/bmw/images/
and check out shiftg5.gif.  For a look see of the same three levers along side
the M-Z3 one and the lever from my ti, check out shiftg6.gif.  Connect to the
shiftg* on the handle for a dimensioned view of each lever.  Thanks go to Alan
Alfano for the use of his shift levers.  Thanks go to -25% Stephen @ South
Motors BMW (flbearcub@domain.elided) for the part he plays in making this happen.
The end result is brought to you compliments of Webmaster, Dale Beuning.
 RonStygar@domain.elided FLY BMW
  http://www.eskimo.com/~dalus/bmw/bmw_ronstygar.html