RE: SI Board batteries

SI Board batteries can be bought at your nearest electronics store/Radio Shack
for as little as $4 with or without tabs.  They are rechargeable NiCad's...AA
size for older boards.  I've replaced the batteries on my board with no
problem, no instructions, just be sure to have good soldering skills, observe
the polarity and buy the appropriate 600mA+ batteries.  The newer boards had
smaller batteries that rarely go bad, i believe they are Gel-Cel type
batteries.....not too sure.

Barry Robinson
LA Chapter