<E36>Shortcut alternative for M3 Lip Spoiler Attachment

Ron Stygar posts detailed instructions (with photos) on installing the
factory spoiler lip to an E36 M3 (or M-Technik) front bumper/spoiler.
(http://www.eskimo.com/~dalus/bmw/e36/exterior/e36_318ti_sport_front_spoiler
_lip.html)

His technique entails making several square hole cuts in the actual spoiler
to accomodate his recommended BMW bolts and nuts for attachments for a
secure attachment.  I believe I've found a quicker, yet just as secure,
alternative.
After dismantling my front bumper cover assembly, I was intrigued to see
just how much of the BMW front bumper cover is held in place by numerous
black plastic expanding rivets.  If you've ever had to remove these things
after they've been installed properly, you can attest to how strong they
actually are.  To make a long story short, I purchased several of these BMW
rivets, and simply drilled the appropriate holes into my M-Technik spoiler,
and attached the lip spoiler using the rivets.  I pushed the rivets in from
the lip spoiler side.   All but maybe 1 of the rivets went in securely, with
the 1 not going in as deep as I would like it.  I plan to fool with that one
some more, but the lip spoiler is definitely on there securely and evenly.

Ron Browne
1992 318is
Bowie, MD