Tire Mounting in Bay Area

Lew:

Wow!  $42/wheel to mount and balance! I'm quitting my engineering job to
open a tire shop on the peninsula!

With the preface that I don't have any really big wheels, I've had really
good success at:

AutoOptions, Berkeley.  They have done all my street car mounting since
1987.  Zero damage to date.  Really nice guys, good shop.

Roger Kraus Tires, Castro Valley.  They are the Goodyear race tire supplier
in Northern California.  They also do a lot of street tires/wheels.  My
experience with them is in mounting huge cantilever slicks (imagine a 10"
wide slick, brutal outward concave sidewall, on a 15x7 wheel). Most tire
shops won't even look at them, the others that will have butchered the
wheels.  Anyway, Kraus build their own custom mounting machines, which seem
to work very well, and don't damage our race wheels.  In general the shop
is very customer oriented.

John Goddard
88 M3 (searching Grizzly Peak for Porsches)
95 740i ("does that meen 7.4 liters?"  Uh no, but its an interesting idea)
93 Suburban (the real 7.4 liters)
86 Accord (the 880 Corridor warrior)
97 Body Nissan 240SX (GT-3 race car)  (PTG M3 killer)