<E36> CD Changer - thru RF??!!!!

On: Fri, 14 Aug 98 07:01:10 GMT
Doug Wirth wrote...

     <<<I have been debating the purchase of a after-market CD changer, for
my
     stock head unit.  there are many on the market that will attach
     through the FM antenna.  What my questions are:
     Where is the best place to intercept the antenna cable?
     If anyone has instructions on where and how to get to the antenna, I
     would very much appreciate it.
     I have a sub in the trunk so the power lead will not be a problem.

     96' 328I>>

Ok, let me get this straight.  You have a sub in the trunk (indicates to me
that you're after better sound) and you are looking to get an RF CD changer?
Hmm...   Doug, you might as well continue listening to your tapes.  The S/N
ratio of your head tape player is much better then your FM tuner.  The BMW
FM tuners suck!  They suck so bad, that I don't even listen to FM anymore.
If you still want to do this, you have to remember that your car has a
diversity FM antenna and that you'll have to get an adapter (Crutchfield has
one: 100VWADAPT $10) to plug in your RF modulator.  You'll be able to
connect to your antenna at the head unit.

Too bad you missed my CD changer FS post earlier this week.  I just sold it
two days ago for $400.

Rob Mudry
'96 328is
BMW CCA # 135536