Re: M3 shop manuals

<<From: rshield@domain.elided
Just got back from the dealer, where I was able to look at an
electrical troubleshooting manual ($39).
This thing looks very good, so I ordered it.
Also, I can get the mechanical stuff on microfiche.
If anyone out there has this, can you tell me how good it is
and what it covers.  In other words, is it helpful?
They only want $20 for this which doesn't seem too unreasonable.
Rick
88 M3>>

Rick,
Consider buying the newly released Mobile Tradition CD.
It is a lot more friendly to use than fiche.
The fiche is European sized, this means that our common US ones can only
hold/view 25% of the fiche at a time.

The CD has a search by part number / name feature, very nice !!
It contains component breakdown graphics with corresponding parts numbers.
Very handy to see the correct part order when rebuilding components.

The following is a old post of mine regarding the CD.

Regards,
Alan Alfano
alan.alfano@domain.elided

BMW CCA #30492
iX Registry # 214

1988 BMW 325iX
1956 Austin-Healey 100M (2)

Hello all,

Just got my BMW Mobile Tradition CD last night. (7/23/98)
PN# 072-00-0-035-315

It contains the BMW Electronic Part Catalog for:
Isetta
1500-2000CS
1502-2002tii
2500-3.3Li
2.5CS-3.0CSL
E12
E21
E23
E24
E30
Z1
Motorcycles (1948-1969)

It looks like the parts catalog that my dealer uses !!
I checked the shift lever for my iX, it is great to see an explosed part
view !

I also got a BMW Suggested Price catalog (paper).
PN# 088-88-7-000-776

I purchased them from Ron Stygar's favorite supplier.
FLBEARCUB @ aol.com (Stephen Wolff)

CD suggested retail is $40, I paid $30
Suggested Prices, suggested retail is $30, I paid $22.50
Plus shipping
(these are his email/internet prices)