Update on Sacramento Valley Chapter

I have heard an unconfirmed report that Sacto Valley Pres. Pat DeWitt is
resigning, and that the chapter will hold elections for her replacement in
September.  This appears to be the big step that was needed to get the
chapter unsuspended.  Those of you in the chapter who want to help
run things, this would be a good time to step forward and volunteer for
something.  (Please note that I'm not sure to whom you would address
your interest, but I'm sure someone with more knowledge will eventually
post something about it.  Perhaps the Pacific Region VP?  That would be
Ron Harnish at 602-483-3595.)

In the meantime, those of you BMW CCA members in the Sacto area (or
anywhere else, for that matter) anxious to attend some events, you're
welcome (I'm sure) to join us at the Golden Gate Chapter.  Check out the
GGC web site at www.ggc-bmw-cca.org and learn about - oh let's see
what's on the calendar:

Monterey Historics corral - probably too late to get in on that by the time
you read this.  Contact Keith Wollenberg at (650) 326-2340.

Club Racing - 6 hour enduro at Sears Point this Sunday, 8/16.   - I think
spectators are usually welcome.

Tour of the Gods - Sept. 19 - 20.  Contact Ken Robertson at (408)
445-1940.  I hear they do some naughty things on these tours!??!

By then Sacto Valley should have a new Pres and be on the way to
being real again.

Good luck,

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter