SF Bay Area -- Recommendations To Mount Tires w/o Wheel Damage

I'm about to put 8.5" M Double Spoke 2's with 245's up front (to match the
rears -- Calvin, I hope you were right about my gripes re: the AVS S1's
being due to my running Pilots in front with the Yoko's in back).  I
intended to have Dinan do the mount and balance work (they did the rears a
few months ago -- scratched my wheels and replaced them with new ones, with
no argument).  However, I learned today that Dinan now requires a "damage
waiver" on all tire mounting -- yeah, they'll be very careful, they have a
"top of the line" Hunter machine, and they've done lots of M3 wheels/tires
(and, they've all been miserable); but, if they scratch or ding wheels now,
its not their problem.

A few months ago, there was a thread regarding this issue on the Digest;
and, several members posted that any quality shop will replace wheels they
damage.  This was consistent with my experience -- Dinan charged quality
rates ($42 per wheel to mount and balance on an M3), and they acted
accordingly.  They still charge the same rate, but now decline
responsibility (although, in all fairness, I should mention that the service
writer suggested the degree of any damage would be evaluated -- he also said
that the damage they did to my wheels last time would still be unacceptable,
even under their new policy).

Many of us that have had work done by Dinan's shop have encountered
problems -- my scratched wheels were by no means the worst problem I have
had with their work (e.g., when they installed their suspension pieces on my
wife's 325is, they neglected to tighten the bolts that attach the struts to
the suspension, one of which backed out a few days later when I was running
hard --very depressing to see the front wheel canted out on top at
approximately a 45 degree angle; fortunately, only a few blocks from home).
But, Dinan was always very strong on customer service -- they accepted
responsibility, and did whatever was required to properly remedy problems
they caused (e.g. they flatbedded the 325 to their shop; replaced the strut;
realigned the car; and returned it to my home).  As a result, I (and others
I have spoke with) could justify their substantial labor charges.

Now, I'm not so sure -- at least as far as mounting/balancing tires.  Any
strong recommendations for tire mounting/balancing in the SF Bay Area?

Lew Becker

End of bmw-digest V9 #65