<E28> Popping rivets

Just a quick note to all you E28 (and perhaps other older models as
well) drivers. I happened to have the plastic piece that sits above the
aux fan and the A/C condensor off, and noticed that the right side
mounting for the condensor (two brackets with two rivets each) were
hanging in the breeze. All 4 rivets had broken. I managed to run some
very small bolts through the holes. Now, I'm not sure that this problem
is really a terribly bad thing, but all that movement of the condensor
can't be good. You all might want to take a look at yours.

BTW, my car is a 1983 533i with 192k miles. I have to be particularly
fastidious about maintenance these days, what with all those hideously
grinning vultures circling ominously over my car...
- --
- -AEG

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get
you.

Encrypted mail preferred: mailto:aeg@domain.elided
PGP public key available at: http://www.pgp.com/keyserver/pks-toplev.cgi