///M6 engine plastic chain guide periodic inspection...

- -------------Forwarded Message-----------------

From:   DENNIS J. LOGAN, =

To:     Mformation, INTERNET:Mformation@domain.elided
        =

Date:   8/13/98  7:01 PM

RE:     ///M6 engine plastic chain guide periodic inspection...

Message text written by Mformation
><
To my fellow ///M owners:

I own a 1988 ///M6 with 107,000 miles. I bought the car 3 years ago when =
it
had 78,000 miles.
I have had no inspections or work done to the engine since I have owned i=
t.

I have been told that it is very important that the plastic guides for th=
chain gear drives
be periodically checked because they wear out and break and when they do,=

the chain gets loose and the values go into the pistons - which is a majo=
and expensive
repair job. If this is true, I want to get the plastic chain guides check=
ed
immediately !!!

If anyone know anything about this subject, I would appreciate an e-mail
message.
Also, if anyone know of anything else that I should do or have checked wi=
th
an ///M engine
with this many miles, please let me know.

F.Y.I. the engine has a Dinan chip and cam sprocket upgrade and a Fahey
track pipe.

Hope to hear from y'all soon...

Dennis Logan