325 w M5 motor

Well I picked up a copy of "Performance BMW" today and among some very nice
cars was a red 87 325i with an M5 engine. Because I own a red 87 325 my
eyes instantly lit up and proceeded to welt with tears as I read about the
338hp this animal commanded. Dealing with the 120 hp of the E has made me
very jealous of this machine and I long to improved the performance of my
own car. So the big question is $$$; how much is a used M5 motor and a M3
box. Also a question for any one who has done a engine transplant, how many
hours for a good mechanic or DIY'er to put this thing together.

Maybe I'm just dreaming but with a broken leg that does not work with a
clutch that's all I'm left with.

TIA

Dave
87 325e