Hott Rodd, RIP: a eulogy <WOB>

Assembled Digesters, Bimwads, Bubbas and Bubbettes:

On this momentously tragic occasion,  in memorium, I'll share my
*only* experience with purchasing from the King of Spam, Rodd Sidney....

Advertised on the "Dealer Marketing" website, I saw a  roundel shaped
clock with the inscription "BMW Service", and for the low price of
$29.95, I decided to purchase one for myself.

Upon arrival, it turns out that this product wouldn't even pass QC at
"We Be Cheap, Shitty Clocks, Inc.", and hence was made available for
the Roddman to cut out the middleman, and pass the savings along to
us.

The hands were plastic, and warped so badly that the hour hand would
get hung up on the minute hand (or vice-versa), so that this clock
wouldn't even tell time.
The cheap paper roundel face will probably last another two months
before curling up and falling off.

The bright spot in all of this was that I used this as an opportunity
to perform a UUC-style upgrade to this bogus product in order to
enhance it's performance and appearance.

A  parts clock was obtained for the purpose of providing donor hands
and mechanism for this project:  The new hands were lighter (less
rotational mass), and more attractive in keeping with BMW gauge-style
appearance  The new motor was selected so as produce maximum torque
output, and a high output AA battery was selected for maximum life.

In closing, this example illustrates that the powers of good and the
UUC will always triumph over Eee-vil!

Seee Yaaaa!

Frank Massaro
BMW CCA Tarheel/ NCC