RE: <All> Details on E36 325 M-technik?

Marc Plante wrote:

>A friend of mine is looking at a 1995 red BMW "M-Technik 325i" at CarMax in
>Laurel, MD.  He says Mtech b/c there are badges on the doors (not M badges,
>M-Technik badges).<snip>

Marc,

I'd be very careful here. There were 175 325is' prepared by BMW Individual
in early 1994. I looked at one when I was shopping for a car back then and
decided it's not worth the premium $$$. I recall those cars had 17" wheels,
special interiors, some outside plastic, and I think some suspension work
(really not sure here). But those cars were 2dr in white with black
interiors. They disappeared as soon as E36 M3's arrived into showrooms.

I would not claim the absolute knowledge of the subject, but I would think
the car your friend is planning to purchase was either received through BMW
Individual program (any BMW dealer should confirm that just by checking
VIN) or, most likely scenario, was "individualized" by an owner. I've seen
so many 318's running around with M3 spoilers, wheels and badges, that
nothing surprises me anymore. For some people image is everything.

Boris Elpiner
97 M3
94 Ford Ranger