re: <All> "Stick-on" wheel weights??

Couple of comments:

There tend to be more weights on the wheels with Discount Tire's stick-ons
(less centripetal force when closer to the center of rotation).

I had problems with my 14" winter wheels fitting over the <E28> brake
rotors with those stick-ons.

Don, Okemos, MI S6R #46 '75 3.0Si;
BMW CCA #77764 '85 535i; '86 535i;
********
Brian Kennedy wrote:

Ron Milliet wrote:

> Were these "stick-on" squares used to balance the  the tire or were they
put
> on there by TSW to balance the rim or something?

<snip>

Note that Discount Tire uses them.  I think the reason they are not used
everywhere is because you need a machine (such as the newer Hunter ones)
that allows you to tell it where you will put the weights (since the
mounting point on the inside of a rim will vary by wheel design and
offset).
The older (cheaper) machines lacked this ability and thus needed to be
able to assume a consistent position for the weights -- the only spot which
every wheel (of a certain size) has the same is the edge of the rim.

Do to their thinner width and thus more precise placement from the center
point of the wheel, I would expect they are actually better at balancing
the tire than the clip-ons.
<snip>
*********