New E42 328i - any rumors?

Has anyone heard much about the 1999 model 328iA, beyond the typical
press bantor?  I've got the chance to place my order for the 1999 models
at the US overseas military sales prices...they are setting the price on
the 1999 328i 4-door at a base price of $29k.  Is this a good price?
Has anyone negotiated a price w/ a dealer yet (and are they asking a
premium for it)?

I haven't been able to get detailed specs on the car, even from dealers
and BMWNA.  What I'm curious about is:

  - What is the wheel offset on the new 328i
  - How the new touted "large brake mechanisms" ranks against the
existing M-series euro type brakes
  - Is BMW AG shipping any 1999 M-versions in fall along w/ the 323 &
328 batch?  I would ideally want a M3 4-d auto, but if I have to
compromise...a 328 would do.

Any additional thoughts and tidbits about the 1999 3's would be
appreciated.

Please copy me on any replies (fujikomine@domain.elided),
Will
92 Dinan 3 (soon to be traded in for a new '99?)
97 540iA