Has this ever happened to you??????

Hello again all you bimwads,

I had a problem with my 95 325i yesterday.  It seems that my battery died
with no apperant warning.  The car has 53k on it and was running fine.  I
just tried to start it and it wouldn't.  It wouldn't even jump start.  Has
this ever happened to anyone?  I had another bimmer before this one an 84
325 e and that battery didn't go till about 90k.  Is this normal, for a
battery to konk out at 53k?  When I got the car started with my new 106$
battery I took off the battery posts to see if my alternator was bad but it
seems to be o.k..  Any inputs are appreciated.
Ohh by the way there is no evidence of an electrical short in the car.
TIA!!!!!

Manuel Paredes
95 325i w/sports package