Re: <E34> Jammed Trunk-Mounted CD Changer

Rob Gimmi asked:

"2) It has the CD changer in the trunk.    Unfortunately
the magazine won't eject.  It appears to have some CDs in
it.  Anyone have any first hand tips on unjamming this thing?"

I had to take the changer out, disassemble it to find a broken white
plastic gear which moves the disks from the changer to the cartridge &
back.  I bought a replacement from Pioneer, who I think was the OEM, and
put it in, works fine now.

Not a job for the faint of heart, but if a knuckle dragger like me can
do it, it's not brain surgery either.

If you're interested in more info, contact me directly.

Win Hayes
Burlington, CT
'85 635
'90 525