Balancing

Do any of you folks know of any good shops that REALLY KNOW how to balance
high performace wheels (ie; 17/18 inch wheels).  A guy was balancing my
brothers 18" wheels today and I told him to index them and he just said
sure..  Well, anyhow the car shakes like crazy now and they used a WHOL
STRIP of stick on wheel weights for this sucker.  I said that they needed
to rebalance the front and the rears b/c this was the source of the
problem as this is a new car with no problems until changing tires.

The "mechanic" said that rear wheel NEVER needed to be balanced and that
you don't really even need to balance rear wheels that you can put tires
right on them. Ekk!  So anyhow I am in desperate search of someone who
knows how to really balance wheels in the Los Angeles and/or San Francisco
Bay Area.

Thanks so much for all your help!

Garrick Louie