<E36>REPLY-DC area shop

Stacey wrote:

At 18,000 miles my 1996 M3 inspection light came on.  I've changed the oil
with Mobil 1 every 3,000 miles, and hate to take it to VOB for the
Inspection 1 service.  While it's in I'll have an X-brace installed, as
well as stainless brake lines and Redline MTL.  Maybe even have the BL/SS
minor surgery performed.  Any recommendations for a shop in Bethesda or
Rockville.
=====================================

Many (indluding myself) have posted their bad experiences with VOB BMW.
I've personally been lied to by them regarding a well-known issue with early
E36's (bubbling door panels) and on another occassion had to deal with
complete incompetence by one of their service advisors regarding another
issue addressed in a Service Bulletin.  Tischer in Laurel admitted to a
known defect, but was honest enough to say they could not promise they could
help me.
  Excluservice in Rockville is a well known, reputable independent that
deals Exclusively with BMW's.  Also supporters of  our DC chapter.

PS..Start the flames, but isn't Mobil 1 every 3000 miles a bit excessive?
Yeah, yeah yeah, I know, cheap protection to the engine,  oil still gets
dirty, yada yada yada.  To each his own, I guess.

Ron Browne
1992 318is
Bowie, MD
Mobil 1 per SI lights, about every 9500 miles.
104,700 miles.  Engine still performs like it should.