<Misc> Brake Fluid

I pulled this off of a product description from a supplier and remember this
is quote, not my opinion:

>"DOT 5 silicone brake fluid is the best brake fluid that you can use in
your >automobile. This fluid was originally developed for racing because of
its much higher >boiling temperature as well as not being hygroscopic ( it
doesn't abbsorb moisture >out of the air) . Silicone brake fluid creates a
firmer pedal feel and is compatible with >all types of braking systems."

Everything that I have heard about Silicon fluid is exactly opposite in
regards to pedal feel and compatibility with brake systems where standard
fluid was used.  Does anyone have more information either way.  I agree that
it does not absorb moisture and does have a higher boiling point, but I have
heard that the brake pedal actually gets softer and it sometimes goes to the
floor at the most inopportune times???

I use ATE blue, but a friend was interested in silicon.  I know some people
with old cars (trailer queens) that do not drive them regularly use it.