E34 language setting

My UK Haynes manual states that the procedure is as follows:

"With all the doors shut and the ignition on (engine not running) press the
trip reset button until the panel displays the correct language. There are
eight languages. If you wish to bypass a particular selection release the
reset button and press again - the display will advance to the next
language. Once the correct language has been selected, continue holding the
reset button until the display reads I.O. Version 2.0, then H.P. Version
3.4."

Can I state that I have never carried out this procedure on my own car, and
you may therefore wish to wait for confirmation of the process from another
source before trying this.

David Lefebvre