RE:Two Questions, One Ansuer

You wrote:
>QUESTION 1
>Will I do damage to the BMW rotors if I install dust shields given the
>driving conditions I described? Has anyone any actual experience?

BMW does not recommend dust shields.
1.  The may fail and damage components.  (flexible brake lines)
2.  May interfere with wheel centering/runout.  (cause wheel/tire imbalance)
3.  They can interfere with wheel tightening torque.  (wheel shifts on hub)
4.  May increase rotor temperatures by restricting air flow. (warp rotors, brake fade)

I use soap and water instead.  It's much safer.

- -----
Rodney Moore
e-mail: m6bigdog@domain.elided