<MISC>RE: Dunlop D60 A2s...Hate them

I got a set of D60 A2s with the used BBS RZ rims I bought this spring.  I
guess I had to pay some penalty for getting such a good deal on the rims.
I'm using them because they had about 5/32nds on them when I got them, and I
felt "Hey, they're just street tires.  I'm going to be doing my hard driving
on my R1s."..WRONG.  I appreciated my AVSIs when I had them, but never
realized how good they were til I drove these tires (or ,worse yet, my
friend's Michelin Energys).

In dry, they're OK, I spose.  I do a LOT of highway driving, and you don't
miss a whole lot in a straight line.  At least they don't squirm at speed.
In the wet, they're not good.  They have snappy breakaway tendancies.  They
don't hunt nearly as well as the Yokohama AVSIs I've been driving for
several years.

Bottom line...If you like to push the car, you may be somewhat
dissappointed.  If you like to push the car even if the roads are damp.
You'll have some nervous moments...If you're not pushing the car too much,
you may not notice too much difference, and they've got a 320 wear rating.
Decent street replacements (AVSIs are probably the best street performer
you'll get for a 15" wheel) will cost you about $90 a corner.

Marc Plante
E36 325i, 104k
Alexandria, VA
Mailto:Marc@domain.elided