<misc>REPLY-D60A2's

Aaron wrote:

Hi all,
I am looking into some 15" wheels for my E28 - they're the flattish-looking
15" ers from the E32 735i. They have reasonably decent looking (at least as
far as treadwear goes) 225/60/15 Dunlop D60A2 tires on them.
What's the news on this tire? I have this subconscious inkling that they
are NOT very well regarded, but can't remember details. Can anyone refresh
my memory or provide some more informative tidbits?
Many thanks,
Aaron

Some folks like them, some folks don't.  I personally think you get a strong
dollar to performance value with the D60's.  Had them on an '88 Acura
Integra, this is my second set on the 318.  Great dry traction, I would
guess very good wet traction, I say guess 'cuz I've learned to be extra
careful in the rain, so I never get close to their limits.  Low noise,
although I've found if you plan to rotate them, rotate them every 3-5
thousand miles, or else there's potential for excess road noise to emanate
from them.  Long treadwear.  Overall, I say a good tire for the street.

Ron Browne
1992 318is
Bowie, MD