E34 Check Control Language ?

I have a E34 525i =B492. Since I'm living in Denmark and the car is
imported from Germany, the Check Control is displaying it's
messages in German (eg. "K=FClhwasserstand" =3D Low Coolant )
is there any way to change this setting to English ? - I assume that
all you americans BMW is "talking" english !?
  Alternativly, is there anybody who knows where the chip is that
contains the messages - it could be fun to "custom-design" the
messages to eg. Danish. (and, Yes - I know how to decompile an
Eprom ;-)

Best regards
Brian Jensen

=B492 525i M50 (with a German accent)