Re: E39 Extended Warranty - DFS Automobile Extend

John Kuo writes...
> I just talked to my advisor about the extended warranty for my 97 E39
540iA.
> He suggested DFS (Deutsche Financial Services) Automobile Extend and
quoted
> me a price of $2,250 for an extension to 7yr/100,000mile. Has anyone had
> experience with this company? I would appreciate if you share it with me.

I just bought a car with from a person who had this warranty, which he
transfered to me.  Fortunately, the previous owner meticulously maintained
the car, always at the dealer and kept all the receipts.  The copies of
lube/oil receipts were demanded by DFS for the warranty transfer -- so be
sure to keep your receipts.  Also, I'm not sure if changing oil yourself
will be sufficient to maintain the warranty in force.

I will be taking the car to Dinan later this week to investigate and repair
an oil leak.  I know Dinan can file a claim with DFS, but I don't know if
the repair will be covered by the warranty.